The overall aims of the Programme are to:
- further develop relevant business, management, leadership and organisation knowledge, both academic and professional, in line with postgraduate standards/benchmarks;
- develop critical reflection skills and engagement with organisational and professional theory to understand and, where appropriate, challenge existing individual and organisational perspectives and practices;
- develop, and where appropriate apply, new knowledge to add value by enhancing organisational capability;
- develop understanding of an organisation’s strategic focus and environment, and the impact of the inter-relationship between the organisation’s resources and clients in the evolving global business environment;
- develop commitment to continuous personal and professional development, independence and reflective learning;
- develop particular expertise and understanding in the fields of leadership, business and management.
Successful students will be able to:
- engage in effective individual research and demonstrate the ability to understand and apply management theory, and to make, when necessary, sound judgements under conditions of uncertainty;
- exhibit improved independent research and time management skills, having undertaken a substantial self-managed research project which involved application of a variety of management and research practices, and demonstrates expertise and understanding of issues in leadership, business and management;
- demonstrate enhanced interpersonal and team skills, through working with others from different industry or cultural backgrounds;
- continue to reflect on their existing experiences, and learn from and build on the experience of others;
- develop into modern, well rounded and outward looking managers with a high concern for customers and colleagues, capable of taking responsibility for themselves, their people, their areas of responsibility and their organisation.