12 months - 5 years
Minimum 12 months, maximum 5 years.
Delivery Method100% online via OnlineCampus (an interactive online learning environment) with intensive class discussion and collaboration.
The number of places per term is strictly limited to 90.
The University of Cumbria is ranked number 8th in the World for Quality Education by the Times Higher Education in 2020.
In a study commissioned by Hitachi Capital Invoice Finance (2020) on over 9,500,000 previous university students in the UK, the University of Cumbria is ranked in the top three higher-education institutions in the North of the UK for students who go on to start or manage a business.
Four terms per year (winter, spring, summer and autumn).
10,950 CHF (Swiss Francs)
This fee includes library access, OnlineCampus access, graduation fees, and University matriculation fees.
Fees are payable in interest free instalments (See a sample payment plan)
The residency - one week intensive research methods class to prepare for your final dissertation - has an additional cost of 1950 Swiss Francs (100% Online) or 2950 Swiss Francs if you decide to attend it at the University Campus (travel and accommodation excluded). The residency fee is only billed once you register for it.
Accreditation and Recognition
The University of Cumbria MBA programmes offered online in exclusive partnership with the Robert Kennedy College are Recognised Worldwide. Once you complete your studies at Robert Kennedy College, you will receive a degree from the University of Cumbria. The University of Cumbria received the University title, and degree awarding powers, from Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council. It is fully recognised by the British Government and duly listed on the United Kingdom’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills list of recognised UK awarding institutions.
The programme aims to develop managers’ understanding and critical appreciation of the theories, tools, and techniques of management to enable them to more effectively lead and manage change in organisations and make effective use of resources in the strategic decision-making process. In so doing, it seeks to improve the quality of management as a profession. In particular, the purpose of the programme is to provide students with:
- An advanced understanding of the management of organisations and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Opportunities for the systematic development of the skills of objective analysis, evaluation, and presentation to enable them to further develop confidence in effectively appraising and implementing management strategies.
- An ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, and to improve business and management practice.
This programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate an understanding of:
- The role and function of organisations and the context in which they operate, including the key drivers of change.
- The core disciplines of business and management including finance, human resource management, marketing, and strategic planning at middle/senior management level.
- The range of research methods that can be applied to the study of business management and leadership.
- The application of strategic thinking to the successful management of organisations including a critical understanding of the processes of strategic problem solving and decision making.
All in a stimulating academic environment, rooted in the experiences of the student, but firmly based on the values of academic openness and critical appraisal.