The programme has been shaped to form what the programme team believe to be a unique curriculum. It allows students to:
- Gain a UK Higher Education Institution accredited MA in business.
- Study in their own time (in whatever time-zone in which they live).
- Study at their own pace (within the current period of University of Cumbria regulations for part-time study).
- Attend a residential event in the heart of the English Lake District, with opportunities for further travel in the UK if desired.
- Continue to live in their own country/location without disrupting family life.
- Continue to pursue their existing career without a break.
The programme consists of the standard 180 Level-7 credits that constitute an NQF (UK National Qualifications Framework) Masters award, the content being informed by QAA (UK Quality Assurance Agency) benchmark statements for Business and Management programmes. 60 credits of the programme are provided by a dissertation.